Friday, August 3, 2012

Pina Colada Cuppy Cakes and A Busy Weekend Ahead!

Happy Friday!

Since my birthday is this weekend, I baked pina colada cupcakes to bring into work and they were DELICIOUS! You must try them!

You can find the recipe here.
I am very excited for the upcoming days.

On Saturday, my area is holding a huge book sale where the public libraries get together and donate books, cds, and dvds and all of the money goes to bettering the libraries in the city. As someone who works in a library,you know it is an obligation to participate (and buy a whole ton of books because I can).
I'm also going to go shopping for a new top (or maybe a dress) to wear for my birthday on Sunday. I HATE clothes shopping with a passion. If I could hire someone to do it for me you better believe I'd do it within seconds. I'd rather just look at clothes online and appreciate them, but trying them on and buying them? Nope, not my cup of tea.

On Sunday, I will be turning 22! I don't know how I feel about it yet. Turning 21 was exciting and all, but 22 makes me feel more like an adult. 21 is passed and I'm legal and that makes every age after boring. (That's a bit of an exageration, but still). I decided to do something simple and just go out for dinner and drinks with some friends. I'm excited to have every one together.I'll have pictures to post on Monday!

Then, on Monday & Tuesday, one of my best friends, Kenzie is coming into town for apartment hunting and more birthday fun. I haven't seen her since early January because she studied abroad for the fall semester so I'm super excited to see her again. It's definitely going to be a fun few days.

Now that it's August, senior year is fast approaching and I'm staritng to get a little anxious. I still have so much to do by the 22nd. And once it starts, it's going to fly by. That's a scary thought. I'm ready to be out of school and out of this city, but I'm not ready to be split from my friends without knowing when I'll see them again. And don't even get me started on the real world. All I know is I'm just going to take every moment in each day and enjoy the ride.

What are your plans for the weekend?

Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. i know about that!
    i don't think i'm young anymore after 21.eeek.
    haha.

    Happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh pina colada cupcakes?!? Those look amazing! I am going to have to try those out for sure since pina colada is pretty much my favorite flavor EVER. Also, I love your blog design. It's adorable! Just found your blog and have loved getting to know you better. I'm excited to follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! I'm following you now also =]
      and yes you must. They are delicious!!

      Thanks so much for the comment <3

      Delete