Friday, August 17, 2012

Furbaby Friday! {v.3}

Welcome to another installment of Furbaby Friday! Unfortunately, I don't have a guest blogger for today so you're stuck with me! Thankfully, it gives me a chance to make a wee little announcement :)

But first, tune in next week for our next guest blogger, Britt from Yellow Umbrella. Her blog is amazing so go ahead and check it out!

Now, on to cuteness overload.

Today's post will feature our first cat, this little guy:



As many of my readers know, for the summer I have been fostering a kitten for one of my coworkers. Well, it turns out she can't keep him and was planning to take him out to a farm.

I'm sure he ould have been happy living out on a farm, but I had grown so attached to him and he seems to have made himself very comfortable with me so you can guess, I wanted to keep him.

Well, since I am moving soon, it would have been a $200 dollar deposit and $20 extra a month in rent on top of that same expense for my dog so I was sure I was gonna have to give him up. BUT it turns out, my landlords (more like family friends whom I was renting from) said they would keep him until I graduate and can take him. So he is officially my kitty!

He is such a great cat. And it's amazing how affectionate he is because his life did not start off so great. He was found abandoned by a women's house that my coworker knew. He was very dirty and matted and on top of that, had an eye infection. He was in such poor shape, the woman was going to euthanize him but my coworker said she would take him and would nurse him back to health. Now he is a very healthy kitty and the only remnants of his tough life are his two slightly different colored eyes from the infection.


He makes me laugh so much because sometimes he will just fall asleep anywhere and cuddle with anything around. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen a cat do.




He really is a wonderful cat and that goes to show that EVERY animal deserves a second chance.  <3>
Now, since he is my cat now, I want to change his name. His name now is Kilgharra after a dragon from Merlin. I love the idea, but I'm just not into Merlin so now I'm asking my followers to help name my cat! Submit your suggestion in the comments and I will pick the one I like best.

That's all for this edition of Furbaby Friday.

REMEMBER: If you have a pet or love someone else's, come be a guest blogger for Furbaby Friday! In order to keep this animal loving segment going, I need bloggers. So please keep it alive by grabbing the button(in my sidebar) and sharing it with bloggers you know love their pets!

If you'd like to be a guest blogger, email me at:

Until next time animal lovers!

p.s As you've noticed, my e-mail has changed! I figured this one is easy to remember. Also, I have added a little form to my contact page that allows you to email me straight from my blog. So come say hi!


No comments:

Post a Comment