Friday, August 10, 2012

Furbaby Friday {v.2}

Like the new button?
 Hey lovelies! Welcome to another installment of Furbaby Friday.

This week is the first guest blogger and she is awesome. She was orginally planned to post for next week but because this week's blogger had some personal stuff to handle, I had to ask this blogger to submit earlier and she jumped right on it!

So I am very pleased to hand it over to Melissa (yes you get two consecutive weeks of Melissa's) of Scribble-N-Dash. Her blog is super amazing so go check it out and follow! No, seriously I'll wait.......................... did ya follow? Alright, on to Furbaby Friday!

Hello everyone! I first want to thank Melissa for allowing me to take over her blog and talk about my crazy adorable puppies! J

First off, a little bit about me. Well, my name is Melissa as well… I blog over at Scribble-N-Dash, where I share my many interests: crafts, food, interior décor, fashion, reading, writing and much more! I am 23 years old and am just your average Mid-West girl. I have been married to my best friend for just over a year & we are navigating our way through this crazy thing called marriage.




 Which brings me to our two fur-babies; we absolutely want children, one day, however for now we are having a blast taking care of our two pups, Khloe {A Chiweenie, half dachshund & Chiuaua} & Mab {A Pug}. These two girls keep us on our toes with their constant antics, running around like crazy and barking at anything and everything. 


When we are lucky enough to wear them out they are the most amazing cuddle buddies and love snuggling up with us on the couch at the end of the night and watch some TV and have family time.

One of my favorite things to do for my two little babies is to make them some yummy snacks. Yes, I have a cookbook of dog recipes. The one recipe that has my puppies going crazy is Blue Blue Berry Berry Bun Buns
What You Will Need:
  1. 1 Cup Skim Milk
  2. ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
  3. 1/3 Cup Honey
  4. 1 Egg
  5. 2 1/3 Cup White Flour
  6. $ Teaspoons Baking Powder
  7. 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
  8. 1 ½ Cup Fresh Blueberries

What To Do:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  2. In a mixing bowl, combine milk, oil and honey. Add egg and blend well
  3. Combine flour and baking powder in a spare bowl and add to wet ingredients. Stir together thoroughly
  4. Add vanilla and fold in blueberries
  5. Grease muffin tin and fill two-thirds full
  6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool before serving and store in a sealed container
-Melissa 

Thanks to Melissa again for this awesome post!  Remember, wanna be a guest blogger for Furbaby Friday? Just shoot me an email at lifeandtimesofmellynel@gmail.com!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having me, this is the first guest post I've done & it has been awesome getting to chat back and forth... Love making blogger friends! :)

    <3 Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my pleasure. I love blogger friends too (esp ones that love the cardinals and pups!) so keep in touch! If you ever wanna guest post again or if you ever need a guest blogger, don't hesitate to ask!

      -Melissa

      Delete
  2. I just found your blog, it's so cute!! We should follow each other:)

    Shelby xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad ur following me :) I'm already following you! I just followed u on twitter and pinterest too :) nice to meet you shelby

      Delete