Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Ten on Tuesday =]

It's time for my second link up with Ten for Tuesday! Go on over and join in!


1. I never realized how much I love healthy eating until I do it and then slip back into eating junk for a few days. It's a MAJOR change. WHen I'm eating crap I feel sluggish and gross, but when I'm actually eating good, I feel great. Definitely motivates me to eat better ('Cause who wants to feel like crap all the time?)

2. Why are books so friggin' expensive! I swear,college bookstores are RIP OFFS! Hello Half.com and Interlibrary Loans!

3. Speaking of books, I am now currently reading The Virgin Suicides by Jeffery Eugenides. It's pretty good so far. Nothing like some "provacative" (seriously, it's in the description) contemporary fiction.


4. Does anyone know how how to stop a puppy from chewing your socks and underwear? My dog is a year and a half and she digs through my hamper and pulls out all my socks and underwear to chew on while I'm sleeping. I've had to go back to keeping her in the crate at night which always makes me feel like a horrible dog mama because she loves to snuggle with me at night (in between sock and underwear chewing apparently).

5. School starts August 22 and I don't know if I'm ready. On one hand, I'm excited to embark on Senior Yeardom, but on the other, I know once it starts it's all going to fy by and I'm not ready for it to end.

6. Businesses around town are FINALLY putting out "Hiring" signs. Now I just need some luck on catching one of these jobs.

7. For the past few days I've been helping one of my friends design (well, re-design) her blog and it is looking awesome! I'll post her button when it's finished. I love doing this. It's just so much fun for me.

8. Tumblr. Does anyone have one? I'm thinking about getting rid of mine. I'm never on anymore and I think Pinterest has become the Facebook to its Myspace.


9. On a related note to Tumblr, why does instagram let you post directly to Tumblr but not Blogger? Laaame.

10. This having no followers thing is bumming me out. I mean, I blog for fun and the occasional vent but it'd be nice to know people are reading and actually care. I'm getting page views BUT no followers. Makes no sense.

Now it's your turn! Head on over to Linny's Vault and link up your ten =]

13 comments:

  1. I wish I could help you with the puppy thing. My poor Hubby's socks always end up with the dog. Luckily he doesn't chew holes in them, just kind of pretends to kill them then walks away.

    I know how you feel about the followers. I'll look for a follow link on your page when I'm done commenting. I didn't have one for quite a while and didn't even realize. Now I think I have one follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see a join this site area...I see a follow me button, but I hate using my email for stuff. Maybe that's why no one's following?

      Delete
    2. You know, I never even considered that. Wow, I feel slow lol thanks for pointing that out!

      Delete
  2. I follow you via Bloglovin! :) But you can add this Google Friend Connect thing and then I can add you on that too!
    I know what you mean with #1. It makes such a difference!
    Love your blog! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where do I find this Google connect thing?
      Thanks dear! I think yours is pretty gorgeous too :)

      Delete
    2. for my blog I found it under layout, then add a gadget. it's one of the gadgets.

      Delete
    3. Okay I've added the google connect thing! Thanks girls!

      Delete
  3. New follower! :)

    Congrats on starting school! Scary and exciting at the same time!

    I've been putting off redisigning my blog for forever since I don't have the knack for that kind of stuff at all. ...and I'll probably keep procrastinating because I still don't feel like figuring it out! haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following!
      It took me awhile to figure a lot out lol. If you want any help or any buttons made let me know. I'd be glad to help :)

      Delete
  4. I'm trying to eat healthy too. but laziness always gets it's way most of the time.

    I love Jeffrey Euginides books. i've read Virgin Suicide, but i like Middlesex more

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Totally agree.
    2. I've always thought this. It's insane how much they cost you and then you dont even get half of that money back when you sell them. Insane.
    3. Cant say I've ever read the book but the movie was good.
    4. No clue, hon. Havent had a dog in years. Good luck w/that though.
    5. Congratulations on starting school again!
    6. Those signs are going up around these parts too. Could it be a sign that the economy's looking up again? Maybe. Now if gas could only go back down to $1.50.
    8. Nope, dont have one.
    9. You know, I thought the same damn thing the other day. We should totally bombard their forums with that question & maybe they'll change it haha.
    10. I'm not gonna sugar coat it, it's fucking tough getting followers when you're relatively new. It took me an entire year to get up to 100. My advice: surf various blogs, follow them & comment a shit ton. Once people start seeing your comments they'll start coming to your blog/reading & following :) It's a lot of work but it pays off ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3. I've actually never seen the movie. I love Kirsten Dunst though so I'm planning on finding it.
      5. Thanks love!
      6. I figured it had to do with high school kids going back to school and college kids leaving their jobs to return to school. And yeah. Gas at 1.50 would be sweet!
      9. YES!
      10. I know what you mean. I've been blogging since '09 lol but I've never really tried to get followers. It's only recently I've decided I want to be noticed more haha. Thanks for the advice =]

      Delete