Friday, September 14, 2012

Furbaby Friday [v.7]

Hello lovelies! It's time for another installment of Furbaby Friday! This week we have Katie from  Married With a Pup! She is super awesome and her blog is really fun to read so head on over and check her out!




Katieedit



Hi, it’s Katie from Married...With a Pup!  I’m so excited to be over here on Furbaby Friday, because if there is anything to know about me, it is that I have a pup and his name is Brutus!  I talk about him a lot over on my blog and also other things such as fashion, DIY crafts, food, and everyday life.



So, let’s start at the beginning with Mr. Brutus….







008 (3)e



We got Brutus on Valentine’s Day of 2010.  Up until that point, I had never ever EVER had a puppy before.  So, Brutus is and will forever be my first born err, my first dog :-)  I’ve wanted a Yorkie since, well, for about forever!!  Derek (my husband) and I had been talking about getting a dog since we were married and living together.  Then on Valentine’s Day weekend, we decided it would be the PERFECT weekend!







DSC_0035edit



We already knew we would name him Brutus.  Why, you ask?  Well because I went to The Ohio State University…only the best college in the world!  Their mascot’s name is Brutus, and since we are both Buckeye fans, the name seemed to be perfect.  In fact, Brutus is a huge Buckeye fan as well…he secretly thinks he is the mascot for OSU. 







008 (2)e



When we go to pick him up, there is just him and his brother left.  We didn’t care about size at all (we knew already Yorkies could be super tiny or relatively small).  However, Brutus was the runt of his litter so we decided to go for him.  His parents were 6 and 7 pounds.  Therefore, Brutus was estimated to be either that size or smaller.  Because we named him Brutus, everybody gave us a hard time and said that sooner or later, Brutus would grow into his name.  And boy has he ever…







9edit



Mr. Brutus is now 12 pounds!!  We consider him the biggest Yorkie around.  However, we also think he is the fastest little guy out there too.  Regardless of his size, we love him!!  He is seriously crazy but loves to show everybody his affection.  Can’t help but to smile when I think of Brutus!



Thanks so much for allowing me to introduce Brutus and tell you a little bit about him!
-Katie

Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment