Tuesday, July 31, 2012

10 on Tuesday: Hair, Baby Fever, & Cupcakes

Photo courtesy of Linny's Vault
All right folks, it's time for another installment of 10 on Tuesday so link up at Linny's Vault!
1. My niece is turning 5 on Thursday! That is not cool. Yesterday she was just a year.
From her first birthday

Where does the time go?

2. My hair is finally starting to grow out. I decided 2 years ago that I wanted to grow it out long. But longer hair means I need to pay more attention to it. To all you long haired peeps out there, what hair products do you like?

3. Sophia Bush is coming back to television! Her new show "Partners" will be airing on CBS starting in September. I'm kinda really excited, just sayin'

4. I switched my blog from a 2 column to a 3 column. I don't know how I like it yet but we'll see if it grows on me.

5. So I'm not one who get into the Olympics. My sports watching extends as far as baseball and maybe some football games. But I'll admit, after some trouble sleeping and nothing else being on tv, I've gotten a teensy bit interested. Like when Jordyn Wieber didn't make the finals, how heartbreaking was that?
And how awesome is Missy Franklin? Pretty friggin cool for a 17 year old.

6. Although I am no where near close to having a baby [or even planning to have one], I have been infected with baby fever. I blame my friends with their super adorable kids and big ol' preggo bellies. Yep, it's all their fault I'm daydreaming about baby names and awwing over kids that come into the library (where I work) with their parents.  
7. I wish the writing bug would bite me (maybe it would cure the baby fever?) I have so many ideas but I have so much difficulty making myself sit down and write. There's always this thing happening and that thing that needs to be done.

8. For my birthday, I'm going to bring cupcakes into work... pina colada cupcakes!

Find the recipe here
 9. As the summer dwindles down, I think it's going to be harder and harder to let go of the cat I'm fostering.

How cute is he??

10. I'm really excited for the guest post segment I am starting. It is called Furbaby Friday and every Friday, guest bloggers will post about their furry loved ones. Remember if you want to participate, email me at lifeandtimesofmellynel@gmail.com!

Now it's your turn! Link up!



3 comments:

  1. I felt so bad for Jordyn! While it's not the same she still has a chance for a team medal.

    I'm going to have to check out the recipe for those cupcakes! They look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pretty sure I would keep the cute cat forever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pina Colada cupcakes? Yes, please! If you're going to be making them please do me a favor & post the recipe...I want those in my belly.

    Thanks for joining in on the 10 on Tuesday fun!

    ReplyDelete