Friday, July 27, 2012

22 in 22

Living in Yellow posted an awesome post called "26 in 26" where she listed all the goals she wants to accomplish in her 26th year of life. Since my birthday is less than two weeks away I figured this would be a great post to write!
So here is my list of 22 things I want to do in my 22nd year of life =]
1. Lose 80 pounds: I have been struggling with my weight for quite awhile. I would love to get a lot of it off me and be healthy in 23!
2. Take a trip somewhere out of the Midwest: I have NEVER been out of the midwest. Maybe I'll go to Nashville or more likely visit my Ashley in Georgia.
3. Volunteer for something: I love to volunteer but it's been a couple of years since I've done it. I'd like to start again.
4. FINISH writing a novel: Like a lot of writing majors, I want to write a book. The problem is finishing it!
5. Get something published: Yep, I've been slacking.

6. Go to a concert: Since I've been in college, I have made it a habit to attend one concert a year and I've done so (plus some)!

Freshmen Year: I saw Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, & Flyleaf. I also went to Shinedown and Red Jumpsuit Apparatus [Three Days Grace Pictured]


Sophomore Year: I saw Jason Aldean with Luke Bryan.


Junior Year: All Time Low (Sorry for the crappy quality picture)

7. Throw Kenzie an awesome bridal shower and/or bachelorette party: My best friend is getting married. This is a must!

8. Hit 100 followers: This is a purely selfish goal haha

9. Complete Couch to 5k program:I've always wanted to run and I've heard this program is awesome!

10. Back up everything on my computer: This is more of a to-do item. My laptop is hitting it's breaking point and I have nothing backed up. (Once again, I reiterate my slacking point)
11. Organize my life: Photos into albums, cadboard boxes organized into plastic tubs, stories filed and categorized.... yep, all needs to be done.
12. Read every book by Jodi Picoult that I haven’t yet: This is my favorite author and I would love to have read all of her novels. She's amazing.



Nineteen Minutes is my favorite
 13. Start a future in the real world: I graduate in less than a year. Time to start planning for post-college.
14. Forgive and let go of the past: I wouldn't say I hold grudges, because I don't but there are some things I've needed to comepletely forgive and let go. Like my dad and my ex. I can't move on until I have forgiven what they did, especially my dad since that is 21 going on 22 years of harbored feelings. I'll get there though.
15. Get professional pictures of my brother and me done for my momma: We haven't taken professional pictures in AGES. I think my mom would love this. As well as some of our other family members.
16. Contribute more in class: I am ridiculously shy in class and it has a lot to do with looking stupid in front of my classmates and professors. It's time to let that go and show what I can contribute.
17. Do more, expect less: I feel like I expect so much from the world when instead I could be doing more. And that's exactly what I'm going to do.
18. Up my GPA: I want to graduate with the best possible GPA I can earn for myself.
19. Make a scrapbook for senior year: This would just be fun! I already put all my pictures in albums but since senior year is so important, I wanna do something special.
20. Drink more tea: No, I'm not trying to give up coffee. BUT tea is so much healthier. I put this on the list beacause when I drink a glass of tea, I feel relaxed and I really don't take enough time for myself to just relax.

21. Stop and enjoy the moment: During the school year I get so busy with this paper or that assignment or the exam the next day. Since it's my senior year, and may be the last time I'll have all of my friends in one place, I want to take more time to enjoy the moments while they're happening instead of thinking about what's happening next week or next month.

22. Live to the fullest-you’re only 22 once: Just a nice goal to end my list with =]



4 comments:

  1. Hi there! I stumbled upon your blog from the link up- cute list! I loved the link up! And I love that you want to read every Jodi Picoult book- I absolutely love her and have read all her books.

    Katie
    abritandheryank.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Love your pic :) I'm originally from STL

      Delete
  2. Definitely visit Nashville! It is such a fun city especially if you like a little country music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE you list! This is such a cool idea!
    And I really need to backup the stuff on my computer too! Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete