Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Rough Few Days...

Hey all!
It has been a solemn few days. Let me start from the beginning...
Around this time of year I'm always a little less cheery because my mind is on my grandmother who passed away 6 years ago as of yesterday (July 16th). This year has been especially hard because I'm going into my last year of college and my grandma isn't here to enjoy that with me when she was one of the people pushing me so hard.
AND her birthday is the 18th so it's just a hard time all around. My grandma was such an amazing woman and she literally helped raise me and was like a second mom to me. It's hard having her gone especially around such an important time in my life.
Then Saturday night my mom called me and told me that my Aunt Jessie was admitted into a hospice and was preparing to die. She has been battling colon cancer for awhile now and when her husband died a few years ago, she just kinda gave up fighting.
Yesterday when I got out of work, my mom called me to tell me my Aunt had passed and she went peacefully. I couldn't help but ball because it was the stupid 16th so I was already in a melancholy mood.
So I tried to get out of the house and go on a fun kinda date thing which was going well until I get to a bar and this girl is just talking stuff about me to my date. REALLY??
It just was not my night.
We ended the night at IHop and I was sitting there thinking that even though I'm sad, my grandma would kick me in the ass right now. She taught me to be strong and smile and to always laugh because life is too short not to. I am very blessed and even as I grieve, I appreciate the things and people I have in my life every day.
I'm blessed to have a grandmother that still has such a profound impact on my life even though she's gone. That's something I can be grateful for.
The family is having just a small service for my Aunt Jessie and she was cremated. Her ashes are going to be spread across the grave of the love of her life, my Uncle Noel. That kinda love should be celebrated not mourned. She may be gone, but she's also reunited with her soulmate and that's what matters here.
So, yes, I'm mourning both my Aunt and my Grandma but I am also celebrating two amazing women and the love they brought into the world that is still here even though they're gone.
R.I.P Jessie Foreman



5 comments:

  1. Wow, talk about having an emotional couple of days. I really hope you're doing better. And, I'm so glad you're looking at the bright side of things by celebrating both of their lives instead of mourning them.

    Sorry to hear your date being ruined by some shit talking girl, maybe you guys can get a do-over?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. And I sure hope so. I spend som much time with my "normal and non-dramatic" group of girlfriends that I forget how mean and catty some girls can actually be. lol. It's crazy!

      Delete
  2. Totally forgot to ask, do you have a twitter account?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah totally. Look on my sidebar of my blog. There's a link under "My Other Sites" :)

      Delete
    2. Ugh, I'm such a dork. Can't believe I didnt see it there haha.

      Delete