Sunday, March 28, 2010

Parents: How Do I Make Them Understand?

So, Michael and I have been dating a little over a month now and I have yet to tell my parents. They just know that I was considering it, and not that me and him have been dating that long already.
I don't know why I'm such a pushover when it comes to my parents. I swear I don't have a rebellious bone in my body. It sucks because I feel so held back by my parents sometimes and they always make me second guess things.
I still wish they didn't wanna control every aspect of my life. I could care less about my dad. It's my mom that gets me. She just wants to control who I date and she freaks out every time. I know she just wants the best for me and just doesn't want me to get stuck with a loser guy. But she should just understand that it's my choice and I wish she would trust my decisions because I am capable of making them myself and being smart about it.
I've already proved that I'm a responsible and mature adult. I got myself into college. I'm working two jobs and keeping track of all my finances. I've accomplished more on my own than I ever did there.
It urks me and I'm even more nervous about Michael because I REALLY want them to like him. He's come such a long a way and is so amazing. Plus he just makes me really happy and isn't that's what matters?
I've never been this happy. He keeps me motivated for school and he's always there when I need to listen. He's everything my mom has told me time and time again that I deserve. My grades are way higher than they were last semester because of a lot of help from Michael. He keeps me grounded and focused on what's important. He always makes sure I put him last.
I sound like I'm trying to convince them here, but in the end I gotta suck it up and tell them. It's my life, right? I'm in control, not them.

No comments:

Post a Comment