Thursday, April 8, 2010

And It's the Life With You That I Love

"If you wait to do everything until you're sure it's right, you'll probably never do much of anything." ~Win Borden

I begin this entry with that quote just because it stands out to me. We are all guilty of waiting around until the moment presents itself to us. Why wait? If we're all waiting around for everything to feel "right" then how the hell will we ever live? Just a thought.

Life is still good. The semester is winding down so my weeks are filled with papers, presentations, and soon finals. I really can't believe freshman year is almost over. It went so fast and yet I learned so much. I guess that's the point of college. I had some hard times this year but I feel as if I bounced back pretty well. My life is back on a path that I'm fairly comfortable with.

I have this 10 page research paper coming up that I have to write and my topic is alcoholism. I chose it because I could relate to it from the background I was raised in. Also, I just want to understand it better. Anyway, I had to meet with my professor about it and we were talking about consequences and how wives may leave their alcoholic significant other and he brought up a point I had never even realized. What about the husband's needs? The wife may be doing what she feels is best for herself and her children, but the husband is a human being as well so what about him? Is she just supposed to leave him there to wallow in the addiction? What can you do when the person doesn't want help? All these questions are just dumbfounding me. I really feel this paper is gonna be more than the aggravation that papers usually are. I'm actually excited to write it because I know it will open my eyes to a lot.

Other than school, everything else is good too. I'm hoping to stay in Evansville for the summer. I've been filling out job applications and such for a summer job so I'm hoping to hear back from someone. Michael is still planning the big move for May 2nd and has an appointment with one apartment complex. It's hard not to get worried that it's all not gonna work out. But I have a tremendous amount of optimism and faith in the situation. He has a job already and it's just the apartment that needs to fall into place. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everything.

Our relationship is still the best ever. We get along too well. It's crazy. I get to see him next weekend and I'm super estatic. Plus it'll be Sunset Concert. Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, my boyfriend, and my friends? Now that's perfection.

Also, I'm determined to do this whole eat healthy thing. I really just want to lose weight. So yes I've gotten off to a good start today but the day isn't over. It's always at night where I have the problem with snacking. It's all about self-control. So that's another big thing going on in my life.

I feel as if I've taken my life more into my own hands. And normally that would be kinda scary but I trust myself more than anyone and that's what keeps me grounded. I'm not scared to just go out and do something because I want to. It's quite fullfilling. Hopefully my life stays on this track and it just keeps getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment