Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sunshine and a Little Luck

So, my last post was so negative I figured I'd write another now that I'm feeling better. The sun finally came out today and it's hard not be happy when the sun is out. Also, today is St. Patrick's day, the day of luck, and it got me thinking about just how lucky I really am. I mean, I was able to get myself into college, get two jobs, and become completely independent of my parents. Not only that, but I have some great people in my life who I'm pretty lucky to have. I guess I wanted to focus this entry on them.
My brother James. He was like my best friend growing up. With all the drama between our parents we always needed each other for support. Now he's all grown up and becoming the protective brother and I still see him as my little goofy baby brother.
My gramps: He had to have been the best male figure in my life. He never lets anything bring him down. He's always been a quiet man without much to say but when he does say something, you automaticaly listen. I have tremendous respect for him.
My Grandma: She had an alcoholic husband and had enough strength to leave him. She hasn't needed a man since. I believe that speaks for itself.
My sister: We were never that close but I've always looked up to my sister. She's always been this free spirit who radiated strength. Looking at her, you know she won't take crap off of anyone. I've always admired that. Plus, she's such a great mom to my niece. She would do anything for that little girl.
My mom: Even though me and her differ on a lot of things, she's always just wanted the best for me and she pushes me to do my best. Plus, she's gotta be a strong woman to put up with my dad.
Kenzie: I got lucky with her just because she didn't turn out to be one of those crazy roommates. But also She has been a great friend. She puts up with all my annoying habits and in the end I know she loves me. She's been there for a lot of tears. I don't know where I would be without this girl.
Michael: Now when I say he is the most amazing boyfriend ever, I mean it. I can't even express how lucky I am to have a guy like him love me so much. He has been there for me through everything and he loves me to death. I couldn't have asked for anyone better than him.
Other people I definitely have to mention are Danielle, Sunnie, Cyndi, Jess, Angela, Clarissa, Jennifer, and Beth. They've all been great friends and have been there even after college.
Overall, I guess I'm a pretty lucky person. I just hope I've been just as great of a person to these people as they are to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment