Friday, November 2, 2012

Do You Ever Have One of Those Moments...?

Do you every have one of those moments when you look back at the way your life was just a year ago and it astonishes you?
I'm having that moment.
Last year, I was in a bad relationship that was tearing me down mentally, physically, financially... just in general. I was getting evicted from my apartment and on the verge of not having a home and dropping out of school was an option.
...yeah, it was bad.
I was broke and depressed and my self esteem was lower than low.
But here I am now.
I am living in my own apartment with my best friend. My finances are back in good standing. I just registered for my LAST semester of my college career and have applied for my diploma. And, I have begun a new relationship with the sweetest guy I have ever met.
Yes, life is good.
And it may seem like I'm doing a little bragging... well I am. I'm pretty damn proud of myself actually.
I'm writing this post because everyone has rough patches in their lives and they make mistakes, and I am living proof that IT DOES GET BETTER.
No matter what you're going through, you are ALWAYS strong enough to get yourself back on track. You never have to sit there and let life kick you around. You can always fight back.
I sit here, the happiest I have been in quite awhile and when I look back on what I fought through to get here, I am not taking any of this for granted.

Love you all and have a good weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment