Wednesday, November 21, 2012

For This I Am Thankful...

Hey bloggers.
I hope you all are having a wonderful time getting ready for Thanksgiving. But as we all know, as much as a day off school and work and yummy food is, the holiday is about giving thanks to the things in your life that you have to be thankful for.

I try to express my gratitude and thanks everyday but sometimes, when you just got dumped or you have that big paper coming up, it's easier to complain than to realize how good you still have it. I know this from experience.

This Thanksgiving, I will be family-less and friendless. It'll be just me, Pru, pumpkin pie, and Thanksgiving F.R.I.E.N.D.S episodes. And as much as being alone sucks, I am still thankful that I have things to be thankful for.

This year, I have my own apartment and a degree that is only 6 months away. This year, I am thankful for where life has brought me beacause it has made me so much more grateful for the people who have supported me even through the rough times, and I have had my share of those in the last two years.

I am thankful that somewhere in the midst of craziness, I found myself again and when that smoke cleared, I had people who loved me regardless how bad it got.

This Thanksgiving, I am thankful that I am standing on my own two feet. It's hard, but I'm doing it. I'm thankful for a mom who loves me no matter what and doesn't care if her 22 year old daughter calls crying because a dumb boy dumped her or her day didn't go as planned. I am thankful for siblings and cousins I can call best friends and I am thankful for the best friends who are like siblings.

And most of all, I am thankful for the strength I was given to get to this Thanksgiving and to where I am now. For once, I am proud of where I stand no matter how bad of a day I have or how many things I wish I had.

This Thanksgiving, I am thankful that I can say I'm happy because it was a long road getting here.

Have a beautiful Thanksgiving everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment