Thursday, January 10, 2013

While I Was Gone....

Hello all you sexy studmuffins!

There I go making comparisons with food again....

Let's move on shall we?

As you know, I was gone from the blogging world for a few weeks (not by choice due to lack of internet during my school break). So, what was I up to for 3 weeks? Let me tell you...

First off, my break was mostly NOT exciting at all. About 90% of it was sleeping and working while trying to get over a nasty head cold. And 100% of it was spent taking some me time and doing a lot of thinking (which was really refreshing but still not exactly blog worthy).

One major exciting thing that did happen is my best friend/roommate got married! It was a beautiful, Christmas-inspired ceremony on the 21st. So while everyone was agonizing (ha, yeah right) over the end of the world, I was watching one of the biggest moments in my best friend's life.

Photobucket


It was an exciting adventure to begin with. One of my other close friends and I decided to make it a road trip, and since the drive from southern Indiana to central Indiana is the most boring thing on the face of the planet, we had to make it interesting. How'd we do that? Oh, by getting lost of course.

...The ceremony was set to start at 6:30 and we walked through the doors at 6:28. Talk about a close call. Nevertheless, we made it and it was amazing.

Then because I had to work at 8 a.m the next day, we spent the night driving back. How did we stay awake? Oh, by reading random Google facts about vaginas.

On a more serious note, (because vaginas aren't serious enough?) I used my vacation away from the world as a way of doing some major self-evaluation. I was alone for most of break. My parents couldn't make it to Christmas and I was sick New Years so I didn't even try to make plans.

But as far as Christmas, as you can imagine, I was pretty devasted. But I had some pretty awesome people come through with little Christmas things for me and I've never been so grateful in my life. After 3 weeks alone with just myself, I learned a lot and oddly enough, it was some of the best weeks of my life. I got to come to terms with everything that happened in 2012 and all of the people I have lost throughout the year. Truth be told, I have NEVER felt stronger. Right now, I am the happiest and mostcontent with myself than I have been in a loooong time. Even more odd to say is I'm happy everything that happened did and I'm glad the people who walked away did so. My life has never been better because of it. And the people I have right now? I know they are the ones that are REAL and that is something I'll never take for granted.

So, here I am in 2013 with graduation 4 months away and I have never felt more motivated in my entire life. So, things are great. I'm about to start working a novel (eeeek!), I have a job opportunity for a local magazine here in town, annnd I'm back here blogging.

Life is good :)

I hope you all are having amazing weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I love weddings. That's a really cute photo of you two.

    I'm sorry your Christmas didnt go better but with every negative there is a positive, that being you got to spend time on your own. It's so great that you're in a good place in your life right now cause things are only gonna get better for you :)

    ReplyDelete