Monday, January 28, 2013

The Nitty-Gritty


Hello lovelies,

So, this weekend as usual I mostly worked. I can't wait for the days when I actually do stuff on the weekends.

Friday night, however, my roommate and I made quesidillas and rented "Pitch Perfect" which I was actually impressed with. I was worried it was going to be a "Glee" knock-off, but I was pretty impressed. And who knew that chick from Twilight could sing?

Nevertheless, if you haven't seen it, I give it my stamp of approval.



But aside from that, my weekend was spent working, catching up on sleep, and doing a lot of life evaluating.

See, I've always had a plan. Always. it's weird NOT to have one. So with graduation three months away, the fact that I don't have a plan is freaking me out. I'm scared to even look at my resume. There's a lot I need to address.

Like:

  • Where the heck am I going to live?
In an ideal world, I would be able to keep the apartment I'm in now. I love my apartment. But in order to keep it, I would need to either find a new roommate (which, don't think I sound super anti-social, but I want to try my hand at living completely on my own), or make more money (obviously). I would love to keep that place nad take the master bedroom and make my old room into a guest room/office. It would just be awesome. But, because I have to be realistic, I've started looking into one bedrooms around town. Sad part is, I'm not even fully convinced I want to stay here. I mean, it is more convenient to stay in this city for another year, but I feel like it may get a bit lonely with my friends being gone and family far away. But for now, the plan is to stay here for another year.

  • Then, there's that whole job thing...
I really need to man up and start getting aggressive here. I will admit, I am holding myself back. I could easily sart networking and sending out my stuff. I already found out about jobs available at a local magazine, but I haven't jumped on the opportunity. Because I'm human, I will admit there is a fear of rejection. What if after years of working on my writing and dedicating my life to it, it's not good enough? What if my resume impresses no one? It's a scary world out there...

These a BIG questions. And BIG decisions. It's all just new territory that I need to face no matter how scary it is. But i know I'm going to come out okay in the end. Life has a way of working itself out and even though this chapter of my life is terrifying, it's exciting and an adventure. I really can't wait to jump into it. And no matter where I am this time next year, I know it's gonna be great and I'm gonna be happy.

In other news, coming up this week on the blog...

Today, since it is my day off, I have been doing the photo-an-hour challenge which will be up either tomorrow with my 10 on Tuesday or Wednesday. Also, I will be doing a vlog, yes, a vlog, tour of my apartment since after 6 months I have yet to show that off.

Good things are coming, so be excited :)

p.s Just a small update: Thank you to everyone who kept my cousin in their prayers. If you don't know what happened, get caught up HERE. She is now home from the hospital and healing nicely. Her and her fiance are going to name the twins once she's recovered.

XO.

No comments:

Post a Comment