Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Positivity: My Secret Weapon for the New Year =]

"The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving." ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Hello to 2011!!!

I must say, I feel like this is going to be a great year. So many people are talking about bettering themselves and it's great to see. But one point a few people have been making is the new year isn't what gives you a fresh start. If you want to change, you should just do it. We shouldn't use the new year as an excuse. If you really want to change, then just do it.

I'm not much into 'changing' but 'improving'. There are so many things I want to do and a certian direction I would like to push myself in. I slowly began that path in 2010 but now I really want to take incentive and really push myself. I have resolutions sure, but they are goals I have always had. Now I want to push myself in the direction I've been leaning towards.

I am the only one who can take control. So I am the only one who can steer my life the way I want. I'm very lucky to have some amazing people in my life who give great pep talks and just keep me strong. I really do have some kick ass friends and family [you know who you are].

I am filled with so much positivity it's crazy. Granted, I'm typically a positive person but I have fallen off the wagon more than I like to admit. But I can honestly say that with my amazing friends, family, and boyfriend, I have a GREAT support system in my life.

I'm excited to embark on the journey of 2011 and see where I end up this time next year. Normally I'm scared of change but 2010 really taught me to embrace it and just let life take it's natural course. Change the things I can, accept the things I can't.

My motto for the year is to LIVE, LAUGH, & LOVE. And with such great people in my life, that wil definitely not be a problem. =]

1 comment:

  1. all I can say is I LOVE THIS! And PS ITS ABOUT TIME YOU ADD A PICTURE OF US!! MORE TO COME NEXT MONTH!

    ReplyDelete