Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Impatience is my Own Worst Enemy

Two blogs in a day? Yep, it's that kind of day.


The picture above is the size I used to be three years ago. It's the size I'm aiming to be back at. That's my goal. It isn't stick thin but it's healthy and I like the way I look.

But I'm noticing something about myself. I am WAY too impatient for my own good. I'm impatient when it comes to earning money, to losing weight, to doing ANYTHING really.


....And it is my downfall.


My impatience causes me to give up on things that thrive on patience to produce results. Who said I was going to be the size I want in two weeks? No one. It didn't take two weeks for me to gain it, so it's not going to take two weeks to lose it. Being impatient is what is hurting me and if I tackle that then the rest should be easy. Question is how do you stop being impatient? That's something to figure out. Like any bad habit it will most likey take practice. It will definitely be a life change. I just have to remember that patience will getme the results I want and will lead to a happier me in the long run.


1 comment:

  1. ugh I am with you on this. I looked great last year while rob was deployed... probably because I was depressed and busy chasing a 1 year old around but still... I have put on quite a bit of weight since we moved and it makes me feel really bad about myself... yet i want results in a week or two instead of realizing it's a long drawn out process of working out and eating right! I wish we lived closer, you could be my "get fit" BFF =]

    ReplyDelete