Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Worries, Worries, Worries

"I won't worry my life away." ~Jason Mraz

So the semester is winding down and my body and mind has become a bottle of worries.

Every little grade to me is a chance to earn or lose my scholarship. I'm working my butt off to keep my grades up and the pressure is getting to me. I'm re-taking tests I don't so well on. I'm reading non-stop. I'm constantly pondering all my papers and all the things due. Constantly. It's not fun.
At least I only have 3 finals out of 5 classes That helps, I guess.

I had a job interview today for a summer job on the RA staff and I'm a bundle of worries that I'm not gonna get it. I did my best at the interview and I think I handled it well for it being my first job interview ever. I'm worried because I NEED this job. It's good pay and good experience and lets me stay in Evansville. I NEED to be able to stay here. If I don't get this job, I really don't know where to go next except off to my grandma's where I'm isolated from all my friends, from Michael, and from freedom. That just can't happen. I NEED this one thing to go right for me. If nothing else goes right I at least want this to.

Michael started his new job today and it's weird barely talking to him throughout the day. It's gonna take some getting used to, I guess. I was an army girlfriend for two years. THis is nothing compared to how that was.

I guess I'm just being a worrywart. I'm afraid nothing is gonna go right and it makes me nervous. Michael getting the apartment in May already fell through and I think it's got my cautious about everything else.

I guess I should keep in mind those very insightful words of Mr. Jason Mraz.

No comments:

Post a Comment