Sunday, April 25, 2010

Winding Down

"It is only possible to live happily ever after on a day to day basis." ~Margaret Bonnano

So, I only have a week left of my freshman year of college and I can't believe it. It's crazy how fast time goes by and this year flew by. I have so many experiences and lessons I've taken from this year it's unbelievable. I've made friends, I've lost friends. I got my heart broken, I got it strenghtened. I fell out of love, I fell back in love. I cried, I laughed, I loved, I lost, I lived. It's amazing.

As things are winding down I'm faced with more decisions. What do I do for the summer? I want this summer to be my best yet and I have a good feeling that it will be. I'm waiting to hear back about this RA job. If I get it then I'll be able to stay here in beautiful Evansville. If not, then I've decided to go back to St. Louis. My dad is being a butt about that so I'll most likely end up staying with my sister and working in Foley. Either way is fine with me as long as I have a good time and make even more memories.

My last entries have been kinda crappy cuz I've been kinda crappy, which is why I chose that particular quote. You gotta take happiness day to day. When I really look at it, my life is going fairly well.

Michael is working so he'll be able to get an apartment in no time. We are still going strong. My grades are looking good for the end of this year. I have amazing friends and a good family. And I was definitely reminded of all this just this past weekend.

Sometimes we neglect to really cherish the things we already have. There's bad days, yes. But why focus on the bad things that happened that day when you can focus on little things that add up to a lot like a Wal-Mart run at midnight with friends, a phone call from your boyfriend just to say he loves you cuz he was thinking about you at work, or your mom saying she misses you. These things are little but they add up to a lot. They add up to your happiness at the end of the day.

I definitely look forward to more crazy-fun times with my friends, sweet moments with my Michael, and good times with my family. In the end, it's what makes life worth while and I see no problem with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment