Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Boy, How Quickly the Future Comes Along

More and more lately, I am discovering how one minute you're saying "Well, 5 years from now..." and then in the next, 5 years has come and gone and you're planning for 10 years.
I mean it seems like just yesterday I was looking at colleges, planning on where to go and what to major in. Now here I am, 4 years later, only 3 semesters left until I walk across that stage and receive that degree. And now, not only am I planning the rest of my college careers, but now I'm looking into Graduate schools. Even as I write this, I get butterflies in my stomach from the mixture or excitement, fear, anxiety, and overall joy.
I even get that same feeling watching my closest friends and family as they move along in life. Like my baby brother is graduating high school. Or my former roommate/one of my best friends is engaged and wedding planning! Or even, one of my other closest friends is pregnant with her second child! And I know it sounds weird, but I am just filled with so much happiness for all these people in my life that I love.
It just reminds me why life is something to love and cherish. It's looking back and seeing how far you have come and how far you still have to go; how many great memories there are to experience, and lessons there are to be learned. It's seeing that glow on a best friend's face as she walks past a wedding shop knowing that'll be her in the future. Or seeing another best friend prepare for a precious baby boy. It's all of these things.
I have learned a lot of hard lessons this past year and throughout my life. But one of the biggest is that happiness really does stem from seeing the people around you getting what they deserve from life. It really makes all the bad days worth it all.
Time goes by so fast. in a second it seems you go from deciding what to major in to planning for graduate school, fretting over who to go to prom with to marrying the love of your life, or even watching a family expand from one child to two.
It's so cliche but I'm gonna say it. Life is a beautiful thing, and through all the triumphs, heartache, dissapointment, and bad days, I am so happy to be standing where I am preparing to move forward in my life as well as watching the people I love most being blessed with all they were meant to have.
it's truly a great feeling. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment