Thursday, October 13, 2011

A BIG Decision

So. since I've become a junior and college, I have been thinking a lot about where I want to go with all of this. In a year and a half I'll have a bachelor's in Writing with minors in Psychology and History. Okaay... so then what?
We all know that American economy is still a scary subject right now. And honestly, it scares me to death that I will work my butt off for this degree and end up working at McDonald's (I have heard some horror stories, let me tell you). And over halfway through my degree and time moving so fast, I don't feel ready to throw myself into that world of jobs and settling into life. I feel like there is still so much for me to see. I want to study abroad for a summer, enhance my writing credentials, and really perfect my craft.
So, I have decided to embark on the Graduate school journey. It's a scary thought but it would only be two more years. And a Master's degree is the highest I want to go (because really, unless you want to be a professor, who needs a doctorate in Writing?) I feel like with a Graduate's degree, so many more options can be opened for me and that extra time to perfect my skill will be so beneficial in the end. It'll also gove me more time to get a summer abroad somewhere before I have to worry about a job and all the stresses that go with it.
I'm still weighing my pros and cons but at this point in time, I am really considering it.

No comments:

Post a Comment