Saturday, February 27, 2010

My Only Exception

Some lyrics from Paramore's "The Only Exception":
"Maybe I know, somewhere deep in my soul that love never lasts. And we've got to find other ways to make it alone or keep a straight face. And I've always lived like this keeping it confortable, distance, and up until now I had sworn to myself that I'm content with loneliness because none of it was ever worth the risk, but you are the only exception. You are the only exception..."
New relationships are weird. I've had to get used to this whole new thing. It's really different. What's even weirder is I'm falling in love. I think I already have.
Michael is great. We've been friends for years and we kinda dated for a few weeks when me and my ex broke up but as soon as my ex came back I broke things off with him and we just stayed friends. I never really gave him a REAL chance and I did a shitty thing to him. But now here we are and he's the greatest boyfriend I could ask for. He has been there for me through everything even when I was in love with someone else.
When everything with Steven happened I didn't think I could love someone like that again and slowly but surely I am proving myself wrong. I think about him all the time and I get the cute little butterflies. It's awful but great at the same time.
I'm still adjusting. There were things I'd do that Steven used to bitch at me for and yell at me and Michael doesn't. He loves everything about me. I'm still cautious though. I can act as goofy as I want, I can sing on the phone, I can make corny jokes, I can break down and cry about something completely stupid and he loves me just the same. I think being friends for so long helps.I feel completely comfortable with him and he thinks about things that I never have, things that concern me.
He's the first guy to ask me if I've done my homework and if I haven't he'll say "Baby, school before me. I love you. Call me when your done."
The things that are important to me are also important to him. He encourages me to write and sing. He's polite and friendly to my friends. And he's proud of me no matter what.
It's amazing how the whole time my perfect guy for me was right there and I was too blinded to see him. I'm glad I see him now and I truly look forward to a future a with him. He's made mistakes like anyone else but to me he's absolutley perfect and I love him. It's about time I got a good man.

No comments:

Post a Comment