Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Resolutions & my New Year :)

I'm a little late on this, but HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope everyone had a wonderful start to their year. I ended up bringing in the new year alone (yes, no partying for me) so I spent it watching Dick Clark's special and writing in my journal to reflect on 2011. Bringing in the year with just myself, as depressing as that sounds, was really kinda fitting. In 2012, I need to learn how to trust myself and be independent again. So, I brought my year in right if you look at it that way.
Anywho, as promised, here are my resolutions for the new year. They are kinda specific and I'm not going to put so much pressure on myself. If I do them, then great. If not, then it's not the end of the world. Most of the goals revolve around school and weight loss, but a lot just centers around being happy and being a good person. So here we go:

  • Do not get any grades below a B-
  • Decide on my post-graduation plans
  • Get my stupid driver's license
  • Work out 30-60 minutes 4-5 times a week
  • Stop late night snacking
  • Figure out new living arrabgements for senior year
  • Have better financial standing
  • Get involved in something Writing-related to add to my resume
  • become independent on MYSELF again
  • Aim for 7-9 hours of sleep a night
  • Do more things for people small or big whether they be friend, family, or stranger
  • Keep certain people who cause drama in my life blocked on all social sites so they can not contact me in any way
  • Learn something new (hopefully knitting)
  • Limit soda and other sugary drinks
  • Take at least 1 hour per day to write simply for pleasure (not school-related)
  • Aim to be more social
  • Use a calorie counting app to track my calorie intake daily
  • Watch my sodium intake
  • Live well, Laugh often, & Love much :)
So, there you go, my resolutions. I think it's a pretty great list. I'm proud of it at least. 2011, as crappy as I call it out to be, really just showed me what steps I need to take if i'm going to be happy & healthy. So really, whether I complete all these resoultions or none, my main goal is to just take every day in stride and not sweat the little things. I deserve to be happy no matter what and that's the plan.

Also, just a tiny announcement: Congratulations to one of my best and closest friends Ashley on the birth of her beautiful baby boy on January 9th. I'm so happy for her as well as her hubby and their daughter Caylee. Time to save up for trip to Georgia now ;)

<3 Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment