Tuesday, December 13, 2011

New Years Ponderings

Yep, it's that time of year again and THANK GOD because 2011 has been a pain in my side. Actually, I've had a pain in my side since half way through 2010 but that's beside the point.
I'll admit-- I am one of those cliche people who loves New Years because I love the fresh beginnings. I love making resolutions and seeing how far I got the next year. Granted, I use everyday to set goals and move forward but just having a new year begin gives me a fresh mind.
Since my birthday I have definitely felt like I have turned things around. I put my grades first and I'm pretty sure I made all A's and B's this semester. I've been a better friend (I hope!) and have done well with avoiding drama. But most importantly, I've just stepped outside of the darkness and cloudiness in my head and opened up to what is really important to me that I started neglecting somewhere in 2010.
With this said, I can't help but feel SOME sense of pride in myself and I want to make 2012 my BIG year. I really want to come out of this next year with a list of accomplishments under my belt.
My birthday resolutions definitely still stand as well as all the other miscellaneous goals I have set here and there. I've decided to use New Years to set smaller, more specific goals that will keep me on track with my birthday goals and actually enforce a couple that I've been neglecting (like my weight!). Of course I'll post the list here once I've drafted it.
I'm excited for this year because I've already started turning my life back around and who knows where I'll be at the beginning of 2013 after all of this. I'm ready to find out :)

1 comment:

  1. you wanna know something?! I don't ever set up new years resolutions because chances are if i set myself up for that, then i don't complete it. Just go with the flow. make a list of things you'd like to accomplish and prioritize them. if you complete them you do, if not, well then you won't have to beat yourself up because you failed YET AGAIN [who actually completes their resolutions]

    ReplyDelete