Thursday, January 19, 2012

Random Rant, Gotta Love 'Em

I don't know what it is but I have been so restless lately. My dad is calling it Junioritis.
I am just ready to graduate college and walk across that stage and have that degree in hand. I'm tired of the weight of "Am I gonna be able to pay for this?" or "Will I make it to graduation without dropping out because my finances are so bad?"
From the beginning I came to UE because it had a fairly good writing program and it was half way between St. Louis and Portland, IN. Plus I just wanted to be in Indiana. But the deciding factor of why I came to UE is because it was closer to my then fiancee at the time. And since all that ended, I've tried to love this city but I just can't. I'm ready to move on from here. Frankly because there are a lot of bad memories that surround this place. I mean, I moved here with the intention of being married and seeing my ex more often. Then, the story unraveled and that was shattered. Evansville was an alright temporary home but I'm ready to leave it. I gained great friends from being here and I'll be grateful for that. But other than that, I kinda hate it here.
And whether I take time off or go straight into Graduate school, wherever I end up 2 years from now will not be here, in Evansville, IN.

No comments:

Post a Comment