Friday, February 4, 2011

Stepping Up to Life's Challenges

"Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are." ~Bernice Johnson Reagon

It's been quite awhile since I've actually blogged about anything. I must say, I've been going through a lot of things [mental and emotional] that have been occupying my attention, I guess. Between a stupid ex who thinks he knows me, school, and my weight, life has been on the borderline of good and complete crap.

The moral of this, I've realized, is I am not stepping up to my full potential. In fact, I've been downright lazy. I have been taking the easy way out instead of doing the right thing because it was/is "harder." And to be blunt, it makes me pissed at myself. No one else but my own self.

I can sit here and pity myself for not making the grades I want, or being the weight I want, or even letting my ex urk me the way he does. Or I can say to myself, "Hey dumbass, knock it off!" Because that's really what it all boils down to. Me.

It's my life. I can control my grades and my weight, and how an ex effects me.

I can start by studying and not blowing things off. Or eating junk when I know how it's going to make me feel in the long run. Or how about telling my ex to shut the f*** up and actually mean it.

Living in the past has gotten me NO WHERE. And it's gotten to the point where I just hate my life and how I've handled everything because I know I'm better than this. I am.

And I need to prove to MYSELF that I can be better than how I have acted.

I can do that. And I WILL do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment