Sunday, February 13, 2011

Love, Love, Love

"All you need is love." ~The Beatles

There are so many quotes, songs, movies, and much much more about love. And on Valentine's Day love gets its very own spotlight. But what is love exactly? And why does it need a commercialized holiday to be celebrated? Don't we feel and show love every day and not just February 14th?

Don't get me wrong. I love Valentine's Day. I love all the pinks, reds, hearts, chocolates, and teddy bears. Pink is one of my favorite colors and makes me feel all "warm and fuzzy" just seeing it everywhere. But as much 'fun' as all of this is, I could survive without Vday.

I celebrate love everyday. I love my boyfriend, my friends, my family, myself each and every day. And I show it. I show it through how I treat them, the time I dedicate to making them happy, and etc.

I don't need all the glitz and glamour to know that I love the people in my life and that they love me.

So my take on Valentine's Day? It's fun but if it never existed, I wouldn't miss it.

To everyone in my life, I love you with all my heart. You guys are the people who make my life worth living... who make me, 'love' my life. And for that, I don't need a day. I give you my love in return.

Have a happy Valentine's Day everyone. And if you love someone, don't just say it today. Say it everyday.
<3<3<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment