Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cleaning Up My Act

If you have followed my blog pretty regularly, you will notice I did some cleaning up and deleted a few posts. It is after 5 in the morning and I am being an insomniac. I have had this problem for the past month and it is a bit of a pain. Anywho, I am going to try to keep this entry as light as I possibly can. And warning- this may be long so bare with me.
Life for me hasn't been easy this past year. Anyone who is close to me knows I am struggling and that I haven't been myself. I have been pretty far from myself. And I apologize to anyone who has been affected by my lack of... well... lack of Melissa-ness. I really have been in some dark times lately and I have been struggling to pull myself out.
I will admit. I stopped caring. I got caught up in everything going wrong and I stopped being the Melissa I used to pride myself on. I stopped caring about things that used to really matter to me. I let myself go.
I have been blogging about all these so called changes I was going to make and to be honest, I didn't do anything. I tried for a week and then gave up. And in the process I gave up on myself.
And then I broke.
Last week I hit rock bottom.I have been hanging on to a relationship that has went bad and has gotten emotionally abusive. Sure, I broke up with him but in my head I still thought, "Well maybe this will push him to change," and it didn't. And surprise surprise, he didn't change. Nor will he ever.
I have completely shut myself off from the world and have questioned anything I have ever believed in.
I am a child of domestic abuse. I always will be but I have let that pain dictate my life. The man I thought I could trust turned out to have a temper larger than I imagined and I have been taking the butt end of every time he flies off the handle. He promised me anger management, went a few days, then that was it. I caught him having an ongoing online relationship with a woman in Ohio and that's when I broke up with him. Since then, I have been trying to get him to fix things but there has been nothing but more emotional stress and more online girls. And when I found myself confronted with ending my life, that scared me. Truth is, I have been running scared all along.
I was going to end my blog because I didn't see the point in it. But one day some troubledgirl is going to stumble across this and I don't want to be a failed blog. I want her to read this post and the posts following it and see someone who hit bottom and fixed it. I want to be a fighter not a quitter.
I have been pushing off my paperwork for school because I'm too scared to make a decision. But I need to STOP LETTING LIFE AND OTHER PEOPLE MAKE DECISIONS FOR ME. I need to take control for God's sake.
So tomorrow the plan is to get up and go apartment and job hunting around campus. I have over 1000 in savings that I was going to use for a car but I am pushing that off afford my own place or the dorm. I will not allow myself to stay here anymore. I am losing who I am to this and that is a tradegy. life is too short to be taken for granted the way I have been doing. I'm done. It is time to clean up my act and detox my life of all the poison.
Thank you to my friends and family who have stuck by me through all of this. I love you and appreciate you more than you know and promise to start making you proud again. Your love and support has not gone unnoticed and I owe you the world.
On a lighter note, Harry Potter 7 Part 2 comes out this week and my best friend is driving up to see it with me. I am beyond excited. I am sad to see it end but I can't wait to see this movie and my bestie of course. I have never been to a midnight premier of a movie so I'm glad this movie in particular will be my first. =]
I hope everyone is doing well and I will be updating soon after apartment hunting.
Love,
Melissa
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

No comments:

Post a Comment