Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My Next Chapter

"We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words onto them ourselves. The book is called "Opportunity" and the first chapter is New Years' Day."~Edith Lovejoy Pierce

With the year 2011 fast approaching, we begin to start hearing things like, "this year is a new beginning" or "this will be my year to start over" But how about just simply using New Years' day not as a place to start from scratch but as a place where you put all that you learned from the previous year to better use beginning that day?

Life grants us new years, not new lives. As 2010 comes to an end, I ponder what it meant to me.

To me, it was my transitioning year. A year of moving on and finding where it was safe to put my feet again; a year of new people that I grew close to and old people that became more important to me.

I could make a list of resolutions but why bother? My resolutions are the same goals I've always had for myself... "to be happy."

This time last year I was a completely different person, which isn't surprising but it's weird to look at where you were just last December compared to where you are now. Was this a successful year for me?

Well, I didn't get in shape and fit into the size pants I want but I conquered a lot more.

I started working out, I went from army girlfriend to Michael's girlfriend, I got my own apartment, I got good grades, I made new friends and got closer to old ones.

To me, that's a successful year.

In reference to the quote I used, I love it but it doesn't fit perfectly... New Years' Day won't be my first chapter in my book of opportunity. It will be my next chapter.

Hope you guys like the new look of the blog!
I won't have internet over break so Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment