Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Who Knew Pooh Bear was as Impatient as I?

"How long does getting thin take?" ~Winnie the Pooh

My thoughts exactly.

Can I just tell you a little secret? BEING ON A DIET SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ahhh, that's better. Oh, wait...you already knew that? Well, darn.

Actually, I'm not on a diet. I'm on this thing called "don't you dare eat that cookie or you will die!!!" or "eating so many vegetables you look green."

Maybe I'm overexaggerating. Point is, I've been trying to change my eating habits because there is this certain bikini I want to look amazing in next summer (along with other reasons) and I can't do it unless I put myself through this miserable thing called a diet.

I hate that word. I'm not on a plan made up by some bogus doctor or fame hungry celebrity. I'm on the old fashioned plan of no junk, more fruits, more veggies, and regular exercise. Shouldn't be so hard right?

Well it is when you're on a college campus that consists of junk food central and people eating junk food all around you. It makes abstaining from junk food a weeeee bit hard. And tonight was just one of those nights so I decided a blog of venting of my diet frustrations was a good distraction.

Moral of the story: Diets suck. I really want some ice cream but can't have it. The end.

(side note: I wonder if Pooh bear ever found an answer to his question because I would sure like to know.)

2 comments:

  1. Ok first thing I agree I need to do the same but between school and work and 90+ degrees outside it's a little hard. However, you can't be like no junk food at all or your body will freak out on you. The way you have to do it is yes eat more healthy thing but also know that in working out you hunger will pick up big time so to make both work go out and get like a cookie protein bar or something. You could also have that cookie too because you're working out and eating healthy one cookie every once in a while wont kill you but what will is continuing to fight off not eating them at all. That what messes up a lot of diets because people try to stay away from all fat and you can't do that or you will make yourself crazy. The big rule to follow is control don't eat like 12 cookies eat just 1 or .5 of one then later eat the other half.

    ReplyDelete