Thursday, May 5, 2011

Endings & Beginnings and the Road to a Destination



So, my Sophomore year is over. Thankfully. This was a tough year for me. And I'll admit, I hit a new low that I swore I'd never hit again.


A lot went wrong this year and I made a lot of dumb decisions. I guess this depressed me because I stopped being myself. I let myself forget that I am young and dumb decisions is what I should be making so I can learn from them. And boy did I make a lot of them.


My grades suffered and I hate to say this, but I didn't earn the gpa I needed to keep my scholarship. For awhile I considered withdrawing from UE and taking a year off. But to be honest, UE was my dream school and college was everything to me throughout middle school and high school. So I'm going to take out another loan to help pay for my last two years and I WILL finish. I will earn my two degrees and walk across that stage in 2013. No. Matter. What.


I won't deny that I feel defeated but that's life. And things like this happen for a reason and somehow I forgot that.


Somehow, I'll find myself again and this summer may be just what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment